said the Foods from Chile folks in today’s email that arrived at lunchtime.
“Just one more step & you could be on your way to taking a foodie dream-trip of a lifetime with Foods From Chile!”
Yes, really! One lucky writer will go on a Guided Culinary Tour of Chile with members of top media publications from April 7th – April 13th 2013 with flight, transportation, and accommodations all included!
The winner will visit a number of different areas in Chile known for their wines, olive oils, and fruits (for example, the Atacama, Coquimbo and Valparaíso regions), experiencing tours and tastings at vineyards, olive groves, and fruit plantations. The group will meet with local exporters and producers, and eat specially prepared meals at the restaurants of local Chilean chefs.
The tour will also visit the Mercado Central in Santiago, which has been listed as one of the world’s top food markets, and a foodie’s paradise, as well as Bellavista and a number of other cultural heritage sites in Santiago.
Finally, participants will visit the Nam Santiago Food Festival Friday 12th of April, for a taste of the culinary innovations of Chile (www.niamsantiago.cl).
In order to be considered by the judges to win a trip to Chile, I now submit a 30-second to 1-minute long video that answers the question “Why are you the right blogger for this Chilean culinary adventure?” by FEBRUARY 20th at 5:00pm EST–which is 2pm my time! Gulp! That’s only 48 hours, right? To write, produce, edit, and upload a video?
But being one of the 10 finalists is great! Even if I don’t get sent to Chile, I will still receive a bag full of cool Foods from Chile swag–the kind you can eat!
Thanks to everyone for voting me into the finals! And congratulations also to fellow finalists Jo Diaz of Wine Blog (see related posts linked to below) and Amy Anderson Gross, Vine Sleuth!
- Learn more about Foods from Chile and their blogger contest #TicketToChile (thismamacooks.com)
- My South America Trip #20 – Lamb and Wine in Chile (denisefoodblog.wordpress.com)
- Wines of Chile: Final Thoughts on an Amazing Trip (winepeeps.com)
- A Finicky Foodie Finds Delight in Foods From Chile (wine-blog.org)
- Foods from Chile + Chilean Wine (winepredator.wordpress.com)
- One-week trip in Chile and a few reasons why it should be visited!!! (theworldinabackpack.wordpress.com)