Will you be my Valentine? Please vote for me to go to Chile!
Welcome to February Fun –the Fat Tuesday edition where I’ll share details about this week’s events.
- Tue. Feb. 12 Fat Tuesday
- Thu. Feb. 14 Valentine’s Day
- Thu. Feb. 14-18 Valentine n Wine, Ventura County
- Fri. Feb. 15 Twitter Tasting 4-6pm PST Steven Kent Winery
- Sat. Feb. 16 Garagiste South Tasting, Solvang
- Thu. Feb. 21 City of Bordeaux Twitter Wine Party
- Fri. Feb. 22 Dark and Delicious Petite Sirah Tasting, Rock Wall, Alameda
Tue. Feb. 12 Fat Tuesday!
Did you know today is Pancake Day? Do you know why? (And what do you pair with pancakes??) According to wikipedia, during Lent, people often give up rich foods including butter, milk and eggs, key ingredients in pancakes. Because so many people would use these ingredients up by making pancakes the day before Lent, it became known as PANCAKE DAY! (What do YOU pair with pancakes and syrup? Riesling? Something sparkling and a bit sweet?)
While I suggested pancakes for dinner to my husband, Chef Tim Kilcoyne at The Sidecar Restaurant is doing it up right with gumbo and oyster po boys and more–with oysters from the Jolly Oyster, of course–and my husband has got his hopes up for that!
Th Feb 14-18 Valentine n Wine, Ventura County: Starting on Valentine’s Day and going all weekend is the third annual Valentine n Wine passport weekend event in Ventura County. Continue reading