Yes, you read that right: for Wine Pairing Weekend this #MerlotMe month with our host Jeff Burrows at Food Wine Click!, we offer a pairing of Washington Merlot with salmon and ahi tuna!! As well as a somewhat untraditional cheese plate… Continue reading
Last year at the Wine Bloggers Conference in Santa Rose, I had my first taste of Lugana wine from the Lake Garda region of northern Italy — and I was in love, and I wanted to spend more time with my new crush so I suggested we feature Lugana in 2018 in our Italian Food Wine Travel group — and here we are today! See what everyone came up with by scrolling down. Continue reading
Wine Predator Gwendolyn Alley on a pre-WBC13 press trip in WA
This week, several hundred of my wine blogging and wine writing and wine industry friends are gathering in Walla Walla WA for this year’s wine, food, travel, and social media educational extravaganza known as the Wine Bloggers Conference.
showing off my zin temporary tattoo at WBC09 in Santa Rosa; photo by John Cocoran
Before missing this year, I’d attended all but two Wine Blogger Conferences — and those two took place on the East Coast, too far and expensive for me to travel to.
That’s right: I attended:
- the first Wine Blogger’s Conference in 2008 in Santa Rosa,
- 2009 to Santa Rosa,
- a press trip to Portugal in 2009 which included the European Wine Bloggers Conference,
- on a scholarship to go to Walla Walla in 2010,
- NOT– I skipped 2011 when it was in Virgina and instead visited Idaho and revisited Walla Walla and spent time in Oregon and northern California on a 3 week and 3k mile road trip,
- and spoke at the 2012 WBC in PDX,
- on another scholarship in 2013 to attend WBC in Penticton BC,
- by driving an hour up the 101 to Santa Barbara in 2014,
- NOT — I skipped 2015 in the Finger Lakes,
- and spoke in 2016 at WBC in Lodi CA
- 2017 back in Santa Rosa CA
And this year it’s in Walla Walla, Washington, where it was also held in 2010 at the Whitman Hotel which I loved. I also loved how walkable Walla Walla is — and of course the wine… and the food… and the friends…
So why am I not in Walla Walla? It’s not even on the east coast! Continue reading
On the first weekend of October, the Italian Food Wine Travel group AND the Wine Bloggers’ Conference will be experiencing a LOVE OF LUGANA!
Because Lugana DOC will be pouring their wines at the 2018 Wine Bloggers Conference this weekend in Walla Walla WA AND I’m hosting the Italian Food Wine Travel group as we check out this wine and region with a twitter chat on Sat Oct 6 from 8-9am Pacific Time using these hashtags
#Lugana #LakeGarda #VinoLuganaDOC
and with posts by the following bloggers on these topics: Continue reading
Around here, October means #MerlotMe — a month set aside to celebrate the Mellow Magic that Merlot offers. In fact, we’ve been celebrating #MerlotMe now for three years: #MerlotMe in 2016 here and here, and here; #MerlotMe in 2017 here, and here, and here, and now in 2018.
And since September was California Wine Month, and today is the first day of #MerlotMe, it seemed appropriate to post today about California Merlot! Continue reading