Lots going on here at Wine Predator Land so I thought I’d start the month of June off with a round up of last month and what to look forward in the coming month! In May, I published 14 blog posts (that’s almost one every other day!) and in June I plan to publish 10-12 blog posts (2-3 a week).
The most popular blog post in May was:
- “Around the World with Sauvignon Blanc: 7 wines from 5 continents.”
but that was really close to a 3-way tie for second between:
- Taco Tuesday with Tequila: Contigo, El Fumador, El Macho\
- CA All The Way For #ChardonnayDay and #NationalWineDay!
- May There Be Bubbles for Brunch! Plus Negronis, Strata for #WinePW
My favorite post was either:
Use your “Philtrum” to Celebrate #ORWine Month
(because I like the exploration into what a philtrum is– and the wines were fabulous!)
An elephant or a hat? Hat Ranch Winery’s DRY Moscato from Idaho
(because I love the Little Prince!)…..My favorite meal of May (whether I blogged about it or not!) was:
Chablis and the Sea: French #Winophiles Travel to Burgundy
but a close second was a lunch with Andrea Cecchi of Cecchi wine which I’ll be posting about soon!
So that’s what went down in May; here’s the line-up for June– subject to change of course!
- Th-Sun June 1-4 Lodi Press Trip! (and I am writing this from LODI now!)
- Fri June 2 visit Michael David, publish post on Petite Sirah pictured above, plus preview itinerary (UPDATED–added link)
- Sa June 3 publish sweet wine Italy for #ItalianFWT; 8-9am twitter chat
- Mo June 5 NASA Champagne seminar at Wine House LA 11-1p
- Tu June 6 #winestudio 6-7pm: 3 rose from Paul Mas and Tuna Taco Tuesday
Côté Mas Crémant de Limoux Rosé Brut NV St. Hilaire Languedoc $16
Coté Mas Rosé Aurore 2016 Sud de France $11
Arrogant Frog Rosé 2016 Languedoc $10
- We June 7 Moscato seminar and lunch in LA with SUE
UPDATE: publish wine fest
- Th June 9 publish rose: UPDATE LINK toast to rose day
- F June 9 publish Copper River Salmon and Square Peg Pinot Noir: UPDATE posted for WinePW
- S June 10 publish rose and tacos #winePW; 8-9am twitter chat
- Su June 11 attend Ojai Wine Festival at Lake Casitas
- M June 12 Crus Bourgeois du Médoc noon twitter tasting:
Gazaille Pierre-Alexandre – Chateau MeyrePeyronnet Anne Sophie – Chateau Tour CastillonLabauge Violaine – Chateau La HayeSalamanca Mark Laurent- Chateau Moulin à VentZiani Mounia – Chateau Castéra
- T June 13 rose on #winestudio
Hacienda de Arinzano Rosé 2016 (100% Tempranillo) $20
- June 16-18 Live Oak Music Festival: taste Tie Dye, Zinphomania, Predator Zin, canned wines
- Sat June 17 publish burgundy part 2 and 8-9am twitter chat; here’s part 1– Chablis and the Sea
- T June 20 TASTE #winestudio rose with SUE
If you haven’t snagged at least one bottle yet, click on over here to do so.
Bonterra Rosé 2016 Mendocino (Grenache, Sangiovese, Nebbiolo) $16
- W. June 21 TASTE twitter tasting Villa Maria NZ wine with SUE and salmon?
- Sat June 24 Santa Barbara Natural History Museum wine/food fest 2-5p
- T. June 27 rose #winestudio
Conn Creek Rosé of Malbec 2016 Antica Vineyard, Atlas Peak, Napa Valley $24
Also planning on publishing: wines for grads and dads, more IDAHO wine (it’s Idaho wine month!), Meeker Merlot, Ron Rubin Syrah, WALT pinot noir, Cecchi, new Ojai wineries, wine fests and more! Scheduled: 7 blog posts and will add 5-6 more! If you haven’t already, Subscribe!! Also in the works: a trip to Paso Robles for some luxury and adventure at Villa Juliette plus we’ll learn about vineyard trellis systems and creek conservation at Parrish. And late in July I’m headed to OREGON with a likely stop in IDAHO.