Somehow yesterday when I was writing about April events on the central coast, I neglected to mention the 4th Annual Magic on the Urban Wine Trail Sunday, April 17, 2016 from 3-6pm at the Carrillo Recreation Center, 100 E. Carrillo Street, Santa Barbara, CA.
A fundraiser for the PARC Foundation, PARC funds 60 summer camp scholarships for 2016 and and the Teen Culinary Arts Program which teaches at-risk teens job skills and how to make good nutritional choices.
And before the event, head a few blocks up the street to Santa Barbara’s Earth Day, which runs for two days, Sat. April 16 and Sun. April 17.
Sunday’s 4th Annual Magic on the Urban Wine Trail blends wine tasting, art, music, and food:
- Wine tasting featuring eleven wineries from the famous Santa Barbara Urban Wine Trail
- the PARC Gallery’s “Scenes of Santa Barbara” featuring work from great local artists including members of the Oak Group and SCAPE
- music by jazz trio L.A. Metro Jazz Combo and accordionist Michael Gutin
- bites prepared by the teens and mentor chefs of the City of Santa Barbara’s Culinary Arts Program.
- silent auction; art and bottles of wines for sale!
General tickets are $45 and patron tickets are $100. PARC Patrons will receive recognition at the event, a wine-themed gift, and access to a PARC Gallery pre-sale.
The event features these wineries from the Santa Barbara Urban Wine Trail:
- Carr Vineyards & Winery,
- Cebada Wine,
- Grassini Family Vineyards,
- Jaffurs Wine Cellars,
- Jamie Slone Wines,
- Oreana Winery,
- Pali Wine Co.,
- Sanford Winery,
- Santa Barbara Winery,
- Silver Wines,
- Summerland Winery,
PARC GALLERY “Scenes of Santa Barbara” features work from these notable local artists: Jamee Aubrey, Susan Belloni, Danuta Bennett, Nik Blaskovich, Chris Chapman, Cheryl Fontana, Julie Dorn, Kate Eden, Cheryl Fontana, Gary Forssell, Nancy Freeman, Mary Freericks, Carrie Givens, Kerri Hedden, Craig Hudson, Ray Hunter, John Iwerks, Marilee Krause, Ed Lenvik, Lori Lenz, Lizabeth Madal, Bill Mahan, Thomas Mann, Jerry Martin, Chris Potter, Frances Reighley, John Rowbottam, Ann Sanders, Nicole Strasburg, Fred Sweeney, Inger Taylor, Arturo Tello, Thomas Van Stein, Nina Warner, Gerry Winant, and Pamela Zwehl-Burke!
Sounds like a great day! Enjoy Earth Day outside in the park then stroll down the street for art and wine!