Miss out on the recent Sunset Savor the Central Coast during the last weekend of California Wine Month? Then definitely don’t miss this weekend’s Santa Barbara Vintners Celebration of Harvest!
Before I get to posting about Sunset Savor (including notes from two sessions I attended “Three Styles of Sparkling Wine” and “Central Coast Wine and Cheese Pairing”), I want to make sure that you know about this weekend’s Celebration of Harvest Weekend October 9-12, 2015.
During the weekend you can:
- Saturday: Join over 100 Santa Barbara vintners as they take a break from the vineyards and cellars to pour their wines and share harvest tales at the Festival Grand Tasting on Saturday afternoon at the Old Mission Santa Ines, Solvang; list of wineries here.
- Visit select wineries which are hosting their own events, ranging from winemaker dinners through library tastings and sales to new wine releases and barrel tastings. List of all events here.
- Friday: Attend a Harvest Dinner, in the La Paulee de Santa Barbara style, on Friday night, and share a special bottle with new friends and vintners; more info here. More about the dinner here. ($100 per person plus bottle of wine).
- Saturday: Listen to stories from six wine makers from Santa Barbara County as you taste their chardonnays from three unique vineyards in Santa Barbara County moderated by the insightful and knowledgeable Elaine Brown of Jancis Robinson and WakawakWineReviews.com. Tickets are $35 person. More details here.
- Raise funds via silent auction for the Foodbank of Santa Barbara County and local scholarships administered by the Santa Barbara Vintners’ Foundation.
- Saturday: Taste food from over 30 area restaurants including two of my favorites, Industrial Eats of Buellton and Chocolats Du CaliBressan of Santa Barbara and Carpinteria.