I asked my fellow wine predators to send me their answers. Henny Kim sends this submission:
Last month for Wine Blogging Wednesday #78, we got our “viggy on” –which means that, according to host Frank Morgan, over 29 bottles of viognier were opened, tasted, and reviewed on various blogs (including this one). Bloggers wrote about wines from California, Virginia, Australia, Washington, Portugal, and more.
July’s Wine Blogging Wednesday host Brix Chix Liza asks wine bloggers to ponder:
What wine would your favorite fictional character drink?
Wanna play? Here are the rules:
- Think of a favorite character. Any genre, any timeline, any story.
- What wine would he/she/it drink? Tell us about the wine. Work it into the story.
- Extra credit for those who write a scene with the wine
- Your deadline is Wednesday, July 25th
- Leave a comment at Brixchicks #wbw79
- Facebook BrixChick Liza
- Tweet @brixchick_Liza
- Email WBW79 at brixchicks dot com
- If you are thinking of dressing up as your character, We LOVE that! Instagram us: brixchick_Liza
- Be sure to use the #WBW79 hashtag.
That was a lot of wine even for us!!
First we did five wines from the Alsace region of Europe:
Lucien Albrecht Cremant d’Alsace Brut Rose
The Furst Pinot Blanc
Gustave Lorentz Riesling
Schlumberger Pinot Gris
followed by four delightfu, light effervescent and refreshing Vinho Verde wines from Portugal!
But for today, I’m just going to share a few notes about the Pinot Gris, later a bit about the Alsace region and soon, I promise, we’ll share our thoughts on the other wines from Alsace as well as the wines from Portugal! Continue reading