What’s new, different, or surprising about the venerable, distinguished and well known wine region Bordeaux?
- As of July 2019, to combat climate change, Bordeaux wineries can use four new red grapes: Marselan, Touriga Nacional, Castets, and Arinarnoa.
- New white grapes allowed in Bordeaux are Alvarinho, Petit Manseng, and Liliorila.
- Bordeaux wines come in in a wide range of styles and colors: still, sparkling, sweet, white, rose, and red.
- Bordeaux wines can be affordable! They don’t have to be red tannic monsters that break the bank.
- Bordeaux’s diversity of wines means there’s one for every occasion and menu!
In fact for a special evening at home, you can enjoy a range of sweet, savory, and sparkling wines paired with a romantic menu and barely break a $20 bill.