What went down this winter of 2018 and what’s up this spring?
So far this year, I’ve published 21 posts, which is not far off from my goal of 9 per month or 108 for the year. And what were the most popular of these posts from 2018?
- FIRST: January’s Welcoming Women Owned Wineries and Winemakers to #WinePW and Tribute to Sandra Oldfield
- SECOND: March’s Duck à l’orange with M. Chapoutier’s Biodynamic, Organic Wines
- THIRD: February’s: Sweethearts: French Wines Paired With Mini-Pizzas #Winophiles.
The emphasis this winter was on women in wine: women winemakers and winery owners.
- Our January post about Sandra Oldfield, former winemaker at Tinhorn Creek in British Colombia, was also the invitation to February’s Wine Pairing weekend crew in writing about women in wine.
- In our preview post, we talked about Amy Bess Cook’s WOW Sonoma project which is about Women Owned Wineries.
- Then for our Wine Pairing Weekend post, we published “Why We’re with WALT for #WinePW: Owner Kathryn Hall, Winemaker Megan Gunderson Paredes”.
In March, which is Women’s History Month, we reviewed previous posts about women winemakers and published four posts about women in wine:
- How We “Adorada” Women’s History Month 2018 with Margaret Leonardi
- Women’s History Month: Winemaker Susan Tipton of Acquiesce in Lodi, CA
- Women’s History Month with Chris Brown, co-owner of Cantara Cellars
- Meet Kristin Bryden, Winemaker at Zaca Mesa Winery and Vineyards
So what’s going down in Spring?
This spring we’re going green and pink with lots of Malbec!
APRIL: Earth Month
- April is Earth Month, so we are going green as much as possible focusing on biodynamic and organic wines from around the world. We’re also going to talk CORK!
- April 17 is Malbec Day, so we have a case of Malbec in the cellar to taste, tweet, and take notes about!
- April 17 is also TAX Day in the US, and we’ll have a range of wines to wash away your sorrows — or celebrate your return!
- April 24 we’re going to LA to taste wine from Oregon!
MAY: Oregon Wine Month
- May 4: International Sauvignon Blanc Day — and there’s an international symposium in Lake County that I am tempted to attend.
- May 6 and 7: the International Biodynamic Wine Conference in San Francisco.
- May 24: National Chardonnay Day
- May 25: National Wine Day
JUNE: Idaho Wine Month
- June 4: National Cheese Day
- June 9: National Rose Day
- June 21: National Lambrusco Day
ITALIAN FOOD WINE TRAVEL publish first Saturday of the month; twitter chat at 8am PST:
- May: Vermentino
- June: Soave
WINE PAIRING WEEKEND publish second Saturday of the month; twitter chat at 8am PST:
- April 14 we’re hosting Wine Pairing Weekend’s Walk Along the Way in Navarra, Spain.
- May is wines that start with M giving us a great opportunity to publish about all that Malbec we tasted.
- June I think we’re hosting again for AUS wines for the grill!
FRENCH WINOPHILES publish third Saturday of the month, twitter chat at 8am PST:
- April 21: Picpoul, and wow, has Sue a menu for you! I hope we can pull it off!
- May: Bordeaux
- June: Alsace.
Lots of great wine in store! Stay tuned! Please subscribe!