Easter and French wine, oui! Easter and French wine and TACOS? Que c’est ridicule! or is that si, señora? While it might sound questionable, a taco bar is a fun way to feed a large gathering, and we already know we LOVE chicken mole tacos with Bordeaux wines, and shrimp tacos with French rose, so why not a taco bar for Easter with instant pot Barbacoa, fried shrimp and lobster bites, marinated chicken, and grilled fish?
This month Culinary Cam hosts the French Winophiles with her theme of Joyeuses Pâques! Check out these ideas:
- Bring on Spring with Loire Valley Wines by Vino Travels
- Celebrating Spring with Raclette and Rosé by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Château Aqueria – Tavel Rosé Paired With The Perfect Spring Time Salad by Syrah Queen
- French Rosé, Sparkling Wine, and A Taco Bar for Easter? Si! by Wine Predator…Gwendolyn Alley
- French Spring Menu with Tavel Rosé & Cru Beaujolais by Always Ravenous
- Joyeuses Pâques with Champalou Paired Pork Loin by The Quirky Cork
- Roasted Salmon with Grilled Pineapple Pico de Gallo + Château D’Aqueria Tavel Rosé 2020 by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Woodfired Salmon Pizza with La Nerthe Les Cassagnes Rosé by Our Good Life
2021 AIX Vin de Provence
- ABV 13%
- Varietals –
- Importer/Distributor – Kobrand
sample for my review
Made in the heart of Provence in Coteaux d’Aix-en-Provence, AIX focuses solely on rosé. According to Kobrand, Maison Saint Aix is located an hour east of the historic city of Aix-en-Provence on a 140-year-old domaine. These non-irrigated, sustainably farmed vines grow on a plateau 1,400 feet above sea level where the Mistral wind keeps the grapes dry and healthy. The soil is clay and limestone, with some sandy plots that are rich in minerals.
Color: Pale pink, ballet pink, very pretty
Aroma: White flowers, vanilla, bubble yum bubble gum, tutti fruity, very expressive, fresh mown grass, wild strawberry
Palate: Clean and refreshing, very dry, bubble yum bubble gum, tutti fruity, wild strawberry, what is present on the nose comes across on the palate, easy to enjoy, easy to sip
Pairing: The sauce on the seafood tacos makes all the difference with this wine. It is fine with the seafood, but even more elevated by te spice and creamy richness that the sauce brings. Better with the shrimp over lobster. Loves the salt and citrus in the chicken tacos.
Bouvet Ladubay Brut Signature, Loire
- ABV 12.5%
- SRP –
- Varietals – 90% Chenin Blanc, 10% Chardonnay
- Importer/Distributor: Kobrand
sample for my review
Color: Golden, daffodil, delicate persistent bubbles
Aroma: Ripe green apple, lemon, tad bit of yeast, limestone, minerals, very light aroma.
Palate: Very lively bubbles, tart and refreshing, green apple, fresh bright and clean, not a great deal of complexity, but very easy to enjoy, this bottle of bubbles would appeal to a wide audience, it could also be used as a base for a spritzer. Overall a great Easter wine.
Pairing: Very nice with the fried seafood tacos. It loves the sweetness of the seafood, the creamy sauce as well as the cilantro and cabbage. Good with the chicken, but better with the seafood. The barbacoa brings out such nice fruit and sweetness in the wine while the wine nicely cleanses the palate.