- Is it Cava if it’s made by one of the largest Cava makers in Spain?
- Is it Cava if it’s made by Spanish winemaker Lluis Raventós?
- Is it Cava if it’s made with 50% Macabeau, 50% Xarel-lo, two of the main varietals in Cava?
- Is it Cava if it’s made in MEXICO?
- If you’re a fan of Cava, the affordable, available sparkling wine made in the traditional method in Spain, you will love Freixenet’s sparkling wine made from commonly used Cava grapes grown at 7000′ elevation just north of Mexico City.
I was this many years old when I learned that grapes are grown and wine is made in the main part of Mexico.– including sparkling wine! While I had tasted wine from Baja on trips there in Valle de Guadalupe Continue reading